Thursday, August 18, 2011

ArtFire Studio Heating Up!

I am happy to report I have had 5 more sales on ArtFire since my last post! And I finally managed to get my ArtFire studio banner working ------------->  Yay! And I have curated my first collection on ArtFire. http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=collections&op=details&cid=26108 This collection is a small token of my heartfelt thanks to some of the lovely artisans on ArtFire that have helped me with words of wisdom and encouragement. I have belonged to many online communities in the past decade or so. And I can honestly say that the ArtFire community is without a doubt the most helpful and supportive community out there.

The best part of this community is that having none of the censorship and heavy handed policies that other forums have in place has in fact created the type of community the other sites wish they had. Sure, once in a while someone feels the need to vent. We all have those days sometimes. But instead of the "feeding the troll" attitudes I've seen elsewhere, this community tries to empathize with the poster and remain supportive. They offer sympathy and words of advice. The "kill them with kindness" theory of community management seems to work amazingly well.

So my unsolicited advice for the day is this; if you are looking to sell your handmade wares online, and have no idea how to start, check out ArtFire. There you will find a truly supportive community of artisans and admins that really want you to succeed. If you decide to join I would check out the 45 day guide, the help guide index, and the business talk sections on the forum first. Just these 3 sections will probably answer any questions you may have about listing, SEO, taking great photos, pricing your items, and anything else you might need help with.

Referral link for 3rd month free on ArtFire.

Thank you all and I look forward to seeing you over on ArtFire and checking out your art!

No comments:

Post a Comment