Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why I love ArtFire

This just seemed to be a good day for this post. How do I love thee, ArtFire? Let me count the ways. ArtFire is a wonderful site for artisans to create their own studio and be in charge of their own success. Tony and the rest of the admins give us tons of information about understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how to make it work. Because of what I learned on ArtFire I can look at my Google Analytics page and understand exactly what I did or didn't do and how that effected my views and sales. There are tutorials and workshops that help us figure this whole crazy SEO thing out. There are posts on the Panda slap (if you don't know what that is, it's Google's new search algorithm) and how to slap back. Tony posts the current list of the top 100 keywords. This is helpful because if your items fit into one of the categories described by those keywords, then you know what words to use in your item titles to get them found.

There is another group that makes ArtFire worth it. There is a group of people on ArtFire that makes themselves available on a daily basis for mentoring, support, constructive criticism, and dancing kitties when you make your first sale. Some of these folks are known as Fire Mentors and Mavens. But not all of them belong to these 2 groups. Mostly they are just people who want us to succeed. We all win when we all win. When sellers help each other we all win by bringing more traffic to the site. We support each other by promoting each other's work. It is a happy and supportive environment. And out of all the sites I sell on, ArtFire is without a doubt my favorite. I feel like the more I support ArtFire and help it grow, the more it will do the same for me. It is truly a cooperative in the truest sense of the word.

So those are just a few of the reasons that I love ArtFire. I would suggest that you go check out some of the wonderful shops over there. You will find beautiful handmade items and a seriously supportive atmosphere. I hope you end up loving ArtFire and it's family of admins and artisans as much as I do.

ArtFire

No comments:

Post a Comment